Thursday, February 3, 2011

Urum - Өрөм!

Could this be my motherland?

Imagine my elation, (if truth were known, more like euphoria),  to find myself living in a land where cream is served on a plate!! -  delicious morsels of "white bits" that can be happily engorged overtly without shame or judgement!

Urum can be served to guests as a light snack, which can be eaten on its own, or served with cheese, dried curds!?, or put into tea.  It's also spread on bread for breakfast, with sugar. (Sounds good to me!!)

It's only one of the many varieties of dairy products ("tsaagan idee""white foods") available that contain milk, which is regarded as a symbol of unselfishness, purity and kindness.

I gotta have me some more!



4 comments:

verka said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

Unknown said...

Амар байна уу!
Happy New Year! X

Anonymous said...

Hii!! Gong hei fa choi~

Vancouver is cold too but no where near negative celsius!

Take care and speak soon yaa :))

Inessa

Unknown said...

Hope you are enjoying yourself over there. Lots and lots of ang pows too!!