Sunday, February 27, 2011

BIG BOYS' TOYS!

This tank can go for miles if you're prepared to pay for the fuel!
Ashley and Luke decided it would an "opportunity of a lifetime" to drive a tank, shoot rifles, machine guns, AK47's and RPG'S (Rocket Propelled Grenades).  Only in Mongolia!  Just head along to the not so secret Military training school, lay your  $$$ (Tugs or US currency) on the table and shoot away!  I went along as the official photographer (and partly because my maternal instincts were saying "you should go!").  For my efforts I was rewarded with temporary deafness and the inconvenience of being stranded in the Mongolian boondocks for 3 hours after our Land Cruiser broke down!
Take your pick!
 This lovely assortment of deadly weapons arrived in the boot of a very old Toyota, wrapped in a blanket!  It seemed rather surreal watching them unload.
Ash taking aim AK47? They all look like "a gun" to me!

RPG in hand!

 Not sure why we didnt think of taking a video of this awesomely powerful weapon being fired??  I was assigned the job of catching it all on camera but once the grenade was launched, the boom was so loud I was completely startled and disorientated.  (Still shots are always good :) )


Luke about to fire. See the coordinators in the back, they know whats coming!
A SATISFIED CUSTOMER

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Good times!!

Anonymous said...

Where`s this place?

Unknown said...

About an hour out of UB. If you email me at susiejlau@gmail.com I can give you some details.