Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SEASON'S GREETINGS!





Technically, Christmas is not celebrated in Mongolia.  Two separate festivities have been compounded into one holiday -The New Year.  All the same, all over Ulaanbaatar, streets and shops are bedecked with all manner of Christmas decorations, lights and Christmas trees.  We are left in no doubt that the festive season is upon us!

Even in Sukhbaatar Square there is a giant Christmas tree which at night is adorned with a brightly lit red star   (looks  much like  a homage to Russia, or a remnant from a Pre-Independence box of Russian Christmas treasures!!!).

We've lived in Mongolia for almost a year now and all I can say is that it has been the most incredible experience... where every day is an adventure and where expecting the unexpected is a state of being.

So with that, I thank you all for following my blog and for all your  positive emails/comments over the past year.  I welcome your  input.


Wishing you all  the very best over the holiday Season and a Happy New Year!

I look forward to sharing more of my Mongolian adventures with you in 2012.










3 comments:

Julie said...

Great shot of the tree Susie! Merry Christmas to you and yours as well! See you in the New Year!

Lyn Mao said...

Maybe they should have a great big eagle on top of the Chrissie tree. xo

marta said...

Dear Susie,
I have been offered a job in Ulanbataar and I was trying to find some expats living there to exchange some information. Is there a way I could send you an e-mail?
Thank you in advance!
M