Sunday, December 4, 2011

Horse riding-an extreme sport!

"Saddle Row"

Although it's somewhere below -20 degrees , the sky is a dazzling blue, the sun shines brightly and you might be forgiven for thinking it's a wonderful day!  Well, it  definitely was "wonder-full " ambling through the blanket of pristine snow. It was a short ride but nonetheless peaceful and relaxing.  We trekked to a nearby hill,  dismounted and just took in the majesty of the snow capped mountains that surrounded us. 

I know I have already shared  a few of my horse rides with you and will more than likely share a few more because each time you go out it is spectacularly unique!  



Colour coordinated with my horse today !
Uggs are not the most ideal riding boot but they defintely keep your feet warmer!

My obligatory fence shot :D
unembellished beauty...
The river is now frozen solid and covered in snow
 (at least that's they were quietly telling themselves standing there!!)
Looking back towards the ger and surrounds.
Picture taken by the hikers.

Making snow "tiles" high on a neighbouring hill-
a glorious spot to contemplate, reflect,
 gaze at the surrounding mountains and take in the fresh air


...keeping the home fires burning
Julie's ger is very "cheerfully" decorated with traditional Mongolian furniture.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yippee-I-Ay
Yippee-I-Oh