Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm back!

I've had a bit of a lull I know.....this is my attempt at getting back on the horse.


Spring is on its way...I have no evidence of it,  but I sense a change. (You have to be patient here in Mongolia!). The rivers are still frozen and the snow is melting.  The hills around us are losing some of their white "winter coat" but they still glisten with melting ice.  Although I'm looking forward to a Mongolian summer and venturing out onto the grassy green steppes, I'm going to miss our view of the snow covered hills.


The temperatures are still below zero but I have a new appreciation for the cold and at minus 6 I am thinking that it is a beautiful sunny day (and it really is!). Night can still get down to -20.  I just checked the forecast and more snowfall is expected next week! Really?!!  Tomorrow we hit the positive figures at 2 degrees. Yay!!!!  


Sim and I plan to walk on the Tuul River this weekend before the ice gets too thin.  We often see people driving! fishing and recreating on the frozen river and we hope to join the action!  My driver has refused to take us in our car so we will settle for a stroll. (Although I thought it'd be a lot cooler cruising down the river in our automobile!)  (Pictures to follow).


We have lived here 2 months now.  I can say we have enjoyed every minute of it. We've made some lovely friends and everyday brings some unique new experience.  I have really enjoyed all your positve feedback and emails.  Please keep them coming.  We love hearing from you.


 If only our boys were here.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susie, what a wonderful collection of photos ... I already feel like I'm there - keep them coming :)

Deb x

Unknown said...

Aww thanks so much Deb, great to hear you are enjoying the Blog-encouragement to keep going!